Friday, September 26, 2008

Positive Result!!

I am backing up here on the journey of TWINHOOD......the beginning, you know, where the little dot appears in the positive window of the home pregnancy test!!! Should have known something was up when the test turned positive way before the timer chimed. In fact, it GLOWED!!!

We were scheduled to move out of the townhouse and into our newly built home when the offical word came from Omega Labs. I had given Bear a package of "I LOVE MY DADDY" bibs, to share with him the good news, a few days earlier. "Are you sure?" he said. "Yes, here is the test and here are the instructions." POSITIVE, it is!!! He suggested, just to be really sure, to have a blood test done. It happened that the lab was right across the parking lot from where I worked. I went and visited Nancy at the lab. I knew the staff there since they participated in our Health Fair Day that the chiropractor, Penny, who I worked for, held. "We will call you with the results in a day or two."

Well, wouldn't you know it, a blizzard hit!!! Everything closed and we were packing the Uhaul to move. BBRRRR!!! Thanks to good friends, a blizzard didn't stop us. After making our final walk thru in the townhouse, we were on our way to our new dwelling.

Bear asked if I had heard from the lab. They were suppose to call with the results. Well, lets see.....blizzard, no phones, some without power.....I doubt they are open. Call and see!! So, riding in our car, I call the lab from our mounted car phone to see if anyone would answer. One ringy dingy.....two ringy dingy...."Omega Labs." "Hey, Nancy. I am calling for my results. Oh, yes, please hold." Elevator music played. "Ah, yes....your blood work came back POSITIVE. Congrats!!!"

I hung up and stared out the front window at the white carpet that blanketed the city. OMG....new house and now, new baby!! What a DAY!!!

No comments: