Saturday, September 27, 2008

4 Years Today!!










Well, we have been here officially now for FOUR years!!




Ah...yes!! Needless to say, the boys were so excited to finally have their bikes and gear, that moving into a new house wouldn't be complete without finding the nearest HOSPITAL for a broken arm!!! From what I was told, see I wasn't there when it happened, Spencer and Ebo were riding their bikes while Sawyer was hitting hockey pucks at them or in their general area, when CRASH!!! Bear said you would have thought Ebo was the one with the broken arm from all his carrying on. All I can say is when I pulled up to the driveway, there sat Spencer in a lawn chair in the middle of the driveway with Bear, Sawyer and Ebo huddled around him. Three days later, Spencer and I made our way to Fort Worth to Cook's Children Hospital. Three broken arms in 10 years.......Memories.......PRICELESS!!!!
*****Sidebar****
Three days later....What kind of mom am I? I know you are thinking that. Spencer was able to move his arm. We iced it, elevated it, and took motrin. But on day two after the collison, I noticed when he was riding his bike, he wasn't using it. He just held it up to his side. So, day three, we went to the doctor. Doctor was concerned since it was in the elbow area that it may or may not be fractured somewhere, that we should treat it as broken. The doctor's office made an appointment for us at Cook's Children in FW. Great.....downtown FW....I was just beginning to know my way just around locally yet downtown FW. I googled Cook's and off we went. They xrayed his left arm and the xray showed a fracture on the area that when you turn your hand over, needed mending. A nice, red, full arm cast was applied and we were sent on our way home. Four weeks later, we made our way again down to Cook's. A nice nurse sawed thru the plastered, beat up and autographed, red cast. It revealed a very skinny, dried and smelly arm. We added the red cast to his collection of casts from previous accidents. They are each in their own ZIPLOC bag!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I still remember the day you came into my classroom to tell me (sniff, sniff). Thanks for posting the pics of your house. I love the transformation from the first shot to the finished house.