Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quaker!!



Quaker is starting to grow on me!!! He is quite the "talker" which usually starts around 8:00 at night. "Hi, Quaker! Step Up!! Quaker, Quaker, Chirp, Chirp, Chirp." At times, it seems like I am in the rain forest. And trying to watch TV, well, I am going to have to put the closed captioning on!! He usually settles down around 9:30 pm and then he sleeps. Blackberries are still his favorite, as are sunflower seeds, millet and green beans (frozen only, no canned). Ebo and he are quite close and Quaker loves to give kisses. I even let him KISS on me....I know sounds gross!! He is SLOWLY warming up to Sawyer and Spenc but prefers Ebo or me. Oh, how nice!! Ebo changes the dirty papers and feeds and waters him like a good little guy. This weekend we are hosing down the cage and ever so carefully using vinegar to get the blackberries off the wall. I love watching him get a drink of water. And maneuver around his home using his beak and claws. It's funny to watch him slide down the slopes of the cage. He almost goes at it like a kid sliding down the banister.


No comments: