Sunday, December 14, 2008

Time to UPDATE!! I have slacked way too long....

So much craziness since I posted last. My new job is wonderful!! And I love it lots!! I am off til after the NEW YEAR, lucky me!!! So that means finishing the last of the Christmas shopping. Packing for our trip up to the frozen tundra of ND/MN. Hard to get into the spirit when the temps here are in the upper 60s!! But the wind outside sure sounds like a blizzard. There are more leaves inside the house than outside. The dogs are to blame since those dang sticky leaves attach to their fur. Ruger sports more leaves than the trees and he doesn't seem to mind. The vaccum is working overtime cuz I can't stand the crunch of the leaves under foot. Ok, so I only vaccumed four leaves today but enough already.

Boys enjoyed a fun hunting expedition last weekend. Mom got the whole weekend to herself. She rearranged furniture/rooms so she could put the Christmas stuff up. Lights twinkle, garland with bows, Christmas tree ornaments for us to enjoy. Haven't spotted Ruger lifting his leg by the tree!! Christmas card pictures arrived yesterday. Labels were bought today cuz MOM isn't handwriting the envelopes, NO WAY!!

Spencer and I volunteered today. We helped out at the HOLIDAY STOREHOUSE. I helped families shop for their kids while Spencer helped load the goods into their cars. We take for granted the things that we have. I heard different stories from the director there. It broke my heart to hear the story of how one mom cried that her child would have something under the tree to open on Christmas morning. The boys are not exchanging gifts this year. They are going to shop and donate so other kids can have a good Christmas.

Extreme Makeover Edition is here in town . It has been the talk all week. We haven't gone by yet but plan to Sunday. Monday is the big "Bus Driver, MOVE THAT BUS!!!" day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby! I came across your blog while reading someone else's. Knew right away it had to be you! Tell the boys Coach Dave and Reed said hello!
The Stantons

ScooterBoots said...

Awesome Christmas charity work! We donate at the same place. It's a small world.

Eileen said...

Busy, busy, busy... but all fun stuff! Love ya!!!